Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering on Christmas Day

Options
  • 14-11-2016 6:03pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Can anyone recommend somewhere myself and my wife can volunteer on Christmas Day, preferably around Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aaustinronald

Its good post I have no idea around Limerick but I'm also join it.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I think about it but I never found any info online, I am in Dublin.
    If anybody has information let me know as I would be interested as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

jsabina wrote: »
    I think about it but I never found any info online, I am in Dublin.
    If anybody has information let me know as I would be interested as well!

I tried one year but was too late. They generally pick from people that have helped year round and have experience of.
    My guess is they don't want people they don't know and have no training or experience turning up for one day and then disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Odelay wrote: »
    I tried one year but was too late. They generally pick from people that have helped year round and have experience of.
    My guess is they don't want people they don't know and have no training or experience turning up for one day and then disappear.

yeah I can understand..
    back in Italy one year there was the option to invite migrants/homeless people to your home for a Christmas lunch / Easter lunch.

We did it one year with my mother and it has been a very nice experience.
    Unfortunately I haven't found anything similar here..

Advertisement