Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year LastPass and one year CyberGhost VPN for £6.15 (only one day left)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

for new users only

Feck.

Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

me_irl wrote: »
    Feck.

Thanks anyway!

Np. Can't you just make a new account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Np. Can't you just make a new account?

You could, but I'm lazy. Means logging out of the app and having to export/import to a new account. Yeah, I'm very lazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Does CyberGhost work with Netflix does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 p4xel

There is no real benefit in getting LastPass subscription any more since they have enabled cloud sync in free version.
    Cyberghost VPN is slow (at least for me) on UPC 120Mbit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

p4xel wrote: »
    There is no real benefit in getting LastPass subscription any more since they have enabled cloud sync in free version.
    Cyberghost VPN is slow (at least for me) on UPC 120Mbit.

How slow is cyber Vpn for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Cyberghost is poor. I wouldn't bother with them again. Had a paid subscription for a year. Criminally slow (as someone else has said)

I took the HumbleBundle offer just for LastPass. Regreat the decision as they announced that sync will be free... I feel scammed for the money. Cyberghost was included so I installed it as well (why not, it's free).

Just tested it for you using speedtest.net:
    UK (BBC iPlayer) - 124 Mbitmy, ping 33ms
    USA (Hulu) - 2.7Mbit, ping 169ms
    USA (Youtube Red) - 47Mbit, 127ms
    USA (Amazon Prime) - 65Mbit177 ms
    DE (Netflix) - 0Mbit (connected but no connectivity)

Netflix detecting VPN and fails to play when connecting to any US server.
    In my opinion it's not worth the money (if I had to pay for it). It's OK as free service just for BBC alone.

I hope I saved you some monies :) cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lastpass sub needed for android if that's any good to you, only reason I have the sub.

What's the cloud sync?

Lastpass sub needed for android if that's any good to you, only reason I have the sub.

What's the cloud sync?

Couldn't remember actual name for it.

From LastPass website: Unlimited sync across all mobile & desktop devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 istvan_mark

For me CyberGhost works great. Unfortunately I already have a premium account so I couldn't get the offer from humble bundle that is actually very good. As for netflix you should get used to the fact that it won't work with any VPN. The system they have in place is to block all VPN users, regardless of the VPN you use and for them it's very easy to recognize who is using an IP provided by a data center (something all VPNs have). So don't get your hopes too high because at least with CyberGhost you can still watch Netflix from Germany, which has good content but with other VPNs nothing works with Netflix. From other VPNs I tested Netflix does offer the best speed so far but of course that it depends on the speed you already have from your internet provider and the server you are connecting to. I think it does worth a try. It has a free version so no need to pay to test it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What does it allow do?watch other netflixes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've used cyberghost for the last few years but decided against at last renewal as the price has jumped significantly. I'll gladly get it back for £6 though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

bigpink wrote: »
    What does it allow do?watch other netflixes?

You'd hardly just read the post directly before yours, which answers that exact question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 istvan_mark

I don't use CyberGhost that much for Netflix because the main purpose of a VPN is to help you keep private and anonymous by hiding your real IP. You can download torrents for example, block ads, stop tracking and so on. I also use it to access content from other countries, like TV channels from France which I cannot access in my country. For me privacy is important and a VPN is the best solution online, where companies hunt your activity for their profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

What's the cloud sync?

They made it free a few weeks ago

They made it free a few weeks ago

They made it free right after launching HumbleBundle campaign. It was their last jump for the money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Cheers OP, just renewed my cyberghost account for another year - don't know why it says new customers only

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

I used to use CyberGhost before, but not too sure if they provide linux credentials with this offer as it clearly states "Windows ONLY"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Looking at the Lastpass payment structure it's free sync accross one type of device. So if you sign up on a smartphone then you can sync accross other smartphones but not to a PC for example.
    This is a good price for a great service. I am paying 12 a year for premium and it's well worth it as I use it on PCs tablets and smartphones. Also the shared folder sync is great for allowing family members have access to the various shared accounts. Great service for tiny money IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

ecomac wrote: »
    I used to use CyberGhost before, but not too sure if they provide linux credentials with this offer as it clearly states "Windows ONLY"?

They do ya. If you login to your account page you can download the opvn files. They have a guided section that lets you pick the OS you're using and server you want and out pops the right opvn file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement