Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV Adverts this year (2016) discussion

Options
  • 14-11-2016 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully I am allowed to do this, I know there is an existing (rather large) thread on best & worst TV Adverts on Boards but I thought I would start thread on this years Best & Worst Christmas TV Adverts ifs thats OK with the mods?

I will start of with:

Good - Kevin the carrot (whats that Lidl isnt it)

Bad - the M&S one with mrs santa cluas or whatever it is, Tesco's to the hosts ones

I see they have wheeled out the same old Jervis shopping centre one again this year , that girl who 'tings' her triangle at the end must be a moody teenager by now? :)

I see 3 have a new advert this year , a cartoon one where the little girl who got a snow cloud for the last 2 or three Christmases is taking it back now and releasing it back into a cold environment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco, wtf were they smoking, if they instead had a weekly update on the price of a crate it would have been 100 times better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Star_Nupa

The M&S one is terrible. Santa the poor f*cking eejit all of sudden is a bit crap when it comes to delivering presents so needs his missus to bail him out...in a helicopter. Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The M&S one is horribly insulting too another in the line of "aren't men eejits" adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I love the M&S one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Star_Nupa wrote: »
    The M&S one is terrible. Santa the poor f*cking eejit all of sudden is a bit crap when it comes to delivering presents so needs his missus to bail him out...in a helicopter. Horrendous.

in all fairness the Helicopter is named Rudolf though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sainsbury's have a great new Christmas ad. Nice message behind it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

one with dog on trampoline? - if it is, not a patch on other years ones

This is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't understand why the Mrs Claus one is seen as sexist? The boy wrote to Mrs Claus which is why she delivered the present, Santa didn't do anything wrong. Did I miss something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

phasers wrote: »
    I don't understand why the Mrs Claus one is seen as sexist? The boy wrote to Mrs Claus which is why she delivered the present, Santa didn't do anything wrong. Did I miss something?

No, that's it in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

phasers wrote: »

It's the best of the 3 I've seen so far anyway... don't know where the "dig at Santa" notion is coming from either?

The Sainsbury one posted above would be 2nd in my list.

^^ But that one... Very Poor!

Advertisement