Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir F2000 - problem connecting to an internal n/w device

Options
  • 13-11-2016 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Eir F2000
    Have a home security dvr that you can connect to via an app.
    No problem connecting using the mobile network.
    i.e. WAN -> LAN
    But if I try to connect while on the home wifi it won't let me.
    i.e. LAN -> WAN -> LAN.

I had the same problem and with the same router in my old house when I had a rasperry pi running a Minecraft server.
    I had a static external ip address so that my sons friends could connect and I could connect to restart etc.
    I could connect locally using the local address but I couldn't connect locally using the external address.

Anyone know what the hell is up with it and how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its hairpin NAT. AFAIK the F2000 doesnt have a setting for it.

If you can add the server twice in the mobile app do one for "Home" and one for "Away". If not, its tough luck, disconnect from wifi to test it or change it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AndrzejL

aoboa wrote: »
    Eir F2000
    Have a home security dvr that you can connect to via an app.
    No problem connecting using the mobile network.
    i.e. WAN -> LAN
    But if I try to connect while on the home wifi it won't let me.
    i.e. LAN -> WAN -> LAN.

I had the same problem and with the same router in my old house when I had a rasperry pi running a Minecraft server.
    I had a static external ip address so that my sons friends could connect and I could connect to restart etc.
    I could connect locally using the local address but I couldn't connect locally using the external address.

Anyone know what the hell is up with it and how to fix it?

Have you fixed the issue somehow? The F2000 router is blocking my LAN machines from accessing my services from inside my network. I can access them externally (using 4G on my phone or using proxy like hidester in a browser) no problem but from the lan its timing out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

AndrzejL wrote: »
    Have you fixed the issue somehow? The F2000 router is blocking my LAN machines from accessing my services from inside my network. I can access them externally (using 4G on my phone or using proxy like hidester in a browser) no problem but from the lan its timing out...

You can't fix it, hairpin NAT is not an option that's available. You would be best bridge it and add a better router

Advertisement