Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn daith piercing is itchy!

Options
  • 13-11-2016 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Just recently got my Daith pierced but it's incredibly itchy! I obviously don't want to go near it with my hands and I can't always be ready to clean it, any tips?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Edups wrote: »
    Just recently got my Daith pierced but it's incredibly itchy! I obviously don't want to go near it with my hands and I can't always be ready to clean it, any tips?

Weird individual

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

gstack166 banned, personal abuse is not tolerated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Edups wrote: »

Hey OP, I used to get itchy ears... the studs I wore were the cheapo ones from the traders on O'Connell Bridge. They never seemed quite right. I stopped wearing my earrings due to work, but started wearing them again just over 5 years ago, but this time with gold earrings and haven't had an issue. The ones I wear now are also a little looser. Try a higher quality material...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Hey OP, I used to get itchy ears... the studs I wore were the cheapo ones from the traders on O'Connell Bridge. They never seemed quite right. I stopped wearing my earrings due to work, but started wearing them again just over 5 years ago, but this time with gold earrings and haven't had an issue. The ones I wear now are also a little looser. Try a higher quality material...

These are titanium! It's still in the healing process so obviously I can't change right now, but unfortunately my piercer is on holiday right now so when he returns I'll just drop in and make sure everything is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That is the best bet. Chances are, it's just the healing process, maybe some crusties forming causing the itch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Star Lord wrote: »
    That is the best bet. Chances are, it's just the healing process, maybe some crusties forming causing the itch.

For anyone interested it was just the scabby stuff. A very awkward piercing to clean!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I had this piercing as well. I was going to tear my ear off it was so itchy while healing.

Advertisement