Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell UK Black Friday Laptops: Celeron £129 OR i3 £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Yes they well deliver to parcel motel. Hither if you ever have to send back for repair or any other reason then it's a problem.

I ordered one previously only to find out after that delivery was going to be too late for when I needed it and couldn't cancel. Dell agreed to a return but would only stipulate a collection from a UK address. I had to post it to a friend in the North to get it collected there. They wouldn't even allow me to send it to their returns depot directly.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Wonder will Dell.ie have anything of note?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Wonder will Dell.ie have anything of note?

I doubt whatever they offer up will be as good as what they're offering UK customers. These companies always go a lot further for their UK customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Heads up: in the past it's been necessary to have the 1st line of your delivery address match that of your billing address. Not sure if it's still an issue but my last 2 Dell orders (one an outlet laptop, one a mini-PC) required this. The outlet order prompted contact from a salesperson to rectify.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Heads up: in the past it's been necessary to have the 1st line of your delivery address match that of your billing address. Not sure if it's still an issue but my last 2 Dell orders (one an outlet laptop, one a mini-PC) required this. The outlet order prompted contact from a salesperson to rectify.

Should the option of paying with paypal get around that issue?

• Advertisement

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Should the option of paying with paypal get around that issue?

Hmm, I don't know. Possibly. I don't think it was an option for me at the time.

Sappy404 wrote: »

Does that completely rule out parcel motel so?

Still a bit undecided on this. Sounds like it would be difficult to use your warranty without a UK address to which Dell can send someone to collect it?

Does that completely rule out parcel motel so?

Still a bit undecided on this. Sounds like it would be difficult to use your warranty without a UK address to which Dell can send someone to collect it?

I got mine through Parcel Motel. Only the 1st line of the address needs to match your billing address. For example:

10 King Road
    PM123456
    ParcelMotel
    1aMcKinney Road
    Newtonabbey

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Will these be direct on the Dell uk website?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

i'd imagine if you have you billing address and shipping address as your PM Address, and use the paypal option to pay then that will do away with the option of having your shipping address the same as your billing address.
    I tried a test run there and its looking good(didnt actually hit the "continue" button)
    401737.JPG
    401738.JPG

• Advertisement

I think this is going live at midnight tonight. Limited quantities according to the HUKD thread. Does that mean 5 pieces or 500? Who knows!

Is anyone going to go for it? I'm torn. Looks like a great deal on paper but poor reviews of these machines on Amazon, combined with the hassle that might be involved in returning it if I'm not happy with it, is putting me off a bit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Inspiron-Laptop-Processor-TrueLife/dp/B01IMX5UCE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480003587&sr=8-3&keywords=dell+inspiron+3000

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

As you said its good on paper - I think that's about it. The reviews are at least genuine whilst albeit off putting unlike other products on amazon that get rave reviews even though they are pure sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

was tempted with this but between the hassle of Parcel Motel and the awful reviews its got on Amazon not sure. I have the i3 version from 2 years ago of the same model and it has given a few issues but still working okish. It might work out ok if there is no problems that you need to send it back for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Doge

Im not getting the option for paypal in the checkout process anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

was tempted with this but between the hassle of Parcel Motel and the awful reviews its got on Amazon not sure. I have the i3 version from 2 years ago of the same model and it has given a few issues but still working okish. It might work out ok if there is no problems that you need to send it back for.

what issues did u get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

leo2a6 wrote: »
    what issues did u get ?

screen has a few lines going trough it and some of the keys are not working.

It seems that it lets you go through to the purchase screen but will flag that your Credit Card is not uk based and that the PM address is not the Credit card address.

(I note the Dell Uk smallprint says
    Alternatively, if you wish to have your order delivered to a different address, please follow the instructions below:
    Contact your Credit Card Company and request to register the alternate delivery address.
    (The number to dial is the customer service number, which can be found on the reverse side of your credit card)
    Your credit card company will either register this as an additional address. So you cant purchase it unless you get the Parcel Motel address registered and also it says Dell UK will only accept UK registered credit cards)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Anybody order one of these, I ordered one and the status went to processing and I checked again and it has been cancelled, onto dell and they said 300 orders have been cancelled and sale are sorting it out??

Advertisement