Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrior RICAS v's RICAS COMPACT sizing

Options
  • 13-11-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi guys, just a quick question..

I own an older Warrior RICAS Command vest and was considering getting the RICAS Compact.
    The orig RICAS is incredibly adjustable and fits my larger sizing (6'2"/110kg) but fear the Compact may not have the same adjustment.

Anyone here own or tried both types or offer any experience with regard to sizing.
    Thanks
    Aido

aka Defenderdude…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

I don't know about the older ricas but I did own a compact a while back and I found despite adjusting it, it always sat very high on the body ( think chest rig kinda height) so I got rid of it and got a global armour plate carrier which offers better coverage.
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Have you considered a warrior 901 chest rig and back panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Sardonicus

thermo wrote: »
    Have you considered a warrior 901 chest rig and back panel?

Naah, I like the RICAS but was just interested in the lighter/tighter compact version. I am not a mad fan of the chest rigs but can see their advantages.
    Thanks for the help tho.

aka Defenderdude…

Advertisement