Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience with Kronotex Mammut?

Options
  • 13-11-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I am about to purchase this laminate flooring for my home, do you have any experience with it? It is the Kronotex Mammut 12mm.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭tenbob1

Kronotex Mammut is an excellent quality floor. We have used it in some commercial installations in recent years pretty much hassle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

this is good to hear! Anyone got opinions or advice on choosing between Balterio/Quickstep and the loads of other brands out there. Balterio is lovely but there seem to equally realistic and I think quality looking ones which are in teh 15-20 euro per square yard. Hard to decide what minimum spec to be aiming for in a hall/dining/kitchen area :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I went for balterio for hall, kitchen /dining room in new extensions. Happy with it do far but it's only down 3 months. Quickstep didn't have a colour that we wanted but I've heard good things about it too.

thanks for the feedback! We've been looking at Balterio too and found a colour we liked so far. Just not sure if this is one of the higher end ones and if we'd get a similar performance from a slightly cheaper one, it's so hard to know as there are soooo many brands of laminate it's a bit bamboozling! Did ye go mainly on budget and the colour/style ye wnated to pick the brand do you mind me asking?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

janus83 wrote: »
    this is good to hear! Anyone got opinions or advice on choosing between Balterio/Quickstep and the loads of other brands out there. Balterio is lovely but there seem to equally realistic and I think quality looking ones which are in teh 15-20 euro per square yard.

How much were you quoted for Balterio? I'm nearly sure we paid at the lower end of €15-€20yd for it.

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    How much were you quoted for Balterio? I'm nearly sure we paid at the lower end of €15-€20yd for it.

we were looking at the impressio range, not specifically because we've a preference but we were starting from what was in the show home and seeing how that priced up against budget/needs and were planning revising down as necessary. So it was 23.86/ sq. yard in one place and 23.99/sq. yard in another. they would do underlay for free and just charge for fitting on top that cost.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I just checked our original sample, I've got €16.95 on the back for the Baltario select walnut from floordesign in Dublin (if I remember correctly that's per yard).

It might be worth finding a fitter and asking him/her to get a trade price too.

No connection to the above other than that's where we bought our floor.

Graham wrote: »
    I just checked our original sample, I've got €16.95 on the back for the Baltario select walnut from floordesign in Dublin (if I remember correctly that's per yard).

It might be worth finding a fitter and asking him/her to get a trade price too.

No connection to the above other than that's where we bought our floor.

great thansk for the guide line on what ye put in. We visited floordesign on sat based on some reviews from boards actually. The guy was bit taken aback when we said we got the name online, he said they usually get domestic customers who've been sent by their developer or builder!! They were 23.86 for the impressio too but I reckon from what I've seen since that maybe that is the upper end of the Balterio range and probably more than we actually need. It's great to know that so far ye really like yer floors.

I'm also very interested in this Kronotex Mammut floor. I would like to order 120sqm of it, but I've read things online, albeit from 8 years ago (I can't find newer reviews), to the effect that it is difficult to install.

How true is this, and what sort of price per sqm should I expect to pay for installation? (I thought all laminate floors were simple click floors)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

I know this thread is a little old but hoping some of you who were considering could give me some reviews?

Looking at the Kronotex Mammut 12mm myself. Did you go with it? Was it easy to install? How happy are you with the quality? Did you go with Balterio in the end? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    I know this thread is a little old but hoping some of you who were considering could give me some reviews?

Looking at the Kronotex Mammut 12mm myself. Did you go with it? Was it easy to install? How happy are you with the quality? Did you go with Balterio in the end? Thanks

+1 would like to know. Looking at mammut plus floor throught downstairs incl kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

Pivot Eoin wrote: »

+2 Also for kitchen / diner/ hall

Advertisement