Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nial Boylan hardest working broadcaster or just desperate?

Options
  • 12-11-2016 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Saw on his page the day that he said he is the hardest working on air in the country. I am sure their are people out their who work harder than him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GottaLaugh

Saw on his page the day that he said he is the hardest working on air in the country. I am sure their are people out their who work harder than him.

Please name a DJ (ideally a chat jockey) who delivers more airtime than Niall each week. Plus he effectively does it in a split shift. He qualified his claim with "on air" leaving he is composing himself to Perth DJs not all workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Isn't he on air like 27 hours a week?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

"hard working" is all relative tbh. One could argue that his show isn't difficult to present, as he can just pit callers against each other and sit back, whereas the likes of Pat Kenny may do less hours on air, but need to do a hell of a lot of research (aided by a team obviously) for everything they talk about. You could also argue that keeping that going and making it consistently entertaining is hard work.

If that 27 hours figure is accurate, then you can't really fault his dedication. Most DJ's would be doing 10-15 hours on air, with a few outliers doing 20 (or in Ray D'Arcy's case 7.5 :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If that 27 hours figure is accurate, then you can't really fault his dedication. Most DJ's would be doing 10-15 hours on air, with a few outliers doing 20 (or in Ray D'Arcy's case 7.5 :pac: )

Don't quote me on it but Monday to Friday 1-3 is 10 and Monday to Thursday 9-12 ish is 22 roughly so I'm obviously no good at maths :o

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭KReid

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Andy Preston is doing 25 Monday to Friday, and then 2 more on Sundays on the Top 20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

Niall was just on the seven o'clock show on tv3 and interestingly Ray Foley called him the hardest working man in the world in the most sarcastic tone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I suppose with all the research he does and the on-air time and listening to muppets every day of the week can take a lot out of you, so yeah, he's probably right. He sure hates unemployed folk though, once he gets into that topic he loses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Used to listen to his show gave up couln'd stick listening to him continue to bash the unemployed, people who are addicted to drugs and unmarried mothers.. He has such a big ego and thinks he's god gift to women. He has the same callers ringing in on both shows that seems to know everything about everything. Also I used to find if a caller didn't agree with his opinion he always seemed to talk over them and give the person on the other line more air time especially if they had the same opinion as him. The only positive thing about his show is he gives young students a chance to come into the studio and give them a bit of expeirence if they plan to go into media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Same rehashed topics with the same callers banging their same drums week in week out.

He/4FM could be playing repeat shows while Niall is sitting back at home with his feet up for all we know.

It would be impossible to tell the difference.

Not the 'Hardest working broadcaster'

He is Desperate alright. Desperate for attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Same rehashed topics with the same callers banging their same drums week in week out.

He/4FM could be playing repeat shows while Niall is sitting back at home with his feet up for all we know.

It would be impossible to tell the difference.

Not the 'Hardest working broadcaster'

He is Desperate alright. Desperate for attention.
    Exactly and I noticed for the last 30 minutes or so of his nightly show he talks about sex with his young female producer and female helper. He always asked them very personal questions about their sex lives and seems to have an obsession with the subject. I know more and more people are very open about their sex lives but with him I get the impression because he's their boss and because he has two shows a day he can say and do what he wants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement