Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Recommendation help.

Options
  • 12-11-2016 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone! This is my first ever post here so Im sorry in advance if I make any mistakes or don't follow format correctly. Im still getting used to this.

I would really appreciate if someone could recommend an android phone to me, or help me decide on which phone may suit me best. Anything under €900 and available with meteor.

Personally I'm less interested in software and gimmicks and more interested in the hardware. My ideal phone would have a powerful cpu, plenty of RAM, space and battery life, be very durable and if possible contain as little as possible bloatware, gimmicks or extra software that may slow it down.

(Less important details follow): Three phones that have caught my eye are the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, the HTC 10 and the Sony Xperia XZ.

I like the edge because it supposedly has the best hardware, durability and screen resolution overall, but I'm concerned about all the extra gimmicks that contribute to the price. I'll never have need for wireless chargers, using my phone as a remote or an always on screen and feel this might be a waste.

I like the Xperia as like the edge, it's durable and waterproof, even the cases of these phones feel comfortable and sturdy. It also seems to have a pretty powerful camera, but the hardware doesn't seem to be at the same level as the other two phones, especially screen resolution and battery.

As for the HTC, besides the battery there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between it and the edge, but it doesn't feel as durable and isnt waterproof.

I use my phone a lot so im willing to cash out for it, but I want to make sure I'm making the right decision. Durability and performance matter to me because I want a phone that lasts. And doesn't need an upgrade every year. Ive researched this a lot but I'm still having trouble with the decision.

Im open to recommendations for any phone and I'd appreciate any help or advice anybody can offer me, thank you so much! :)

Advertisement