Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to play Call of duty

Options
  • 12-11-2016 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

Looking for a laptop that will play the new COD.

lowest cost as possible.

I do want SSD on is but open to any other suggestions on ram ) processor etc.

I've not built a pc in about 10 years so I've no knowledge of what is current or good.

Rough idea of what I'd like.maybe you guys know best place to buy or something else.

15 inch screen full hd
    8 gig ram
    256ssd
    Quad core

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I suppose it depends on whether or not you want to play at high, medium low settings? It's not hugely demanding so a midrange laptop will cope pretty well, something like the GTX960M - not the best time to be buying in general though, as the GTX1060, 1070 and 1080 mobile have all been released/announced, and the lower end parts are due shortly and will make the current ones totally obsolete. The GTX1060 right now can be had for around 1K and obliterates the GTX970M, which also costs around the same or more.

The next card due out is the mobile GTX1050/1050Ti, which will likely be twice as fast as the GTX960M for the same money (700-800 expected).

I suppose it depends on whether or not you want to play at high, medium low settings? It's not hugely demanding so a midrange laptop will cope pretty well, something like the GTX960M - not the best time to be buying in general though, as the GTX1060, 1070 and 1080 mobile have all been released/announced, and the lower end parts are due shortly and will make the current ones totally obsolete. The GTX1060 right now can be had for around 1K and obliterates the GTX970M, which also costs around the same or more.

The next card due out is the mobile GTX1050/1050Ti, which will likely be twice as fast as the GTX960M for the same money (700-800 expected).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

is that not always the case with PC parts where there's always new/better just around the corner?

I'm also looking to spend about 700-800 if possible.

is that not always the case with PC parts where there's always new/better just around the corner?

I'm also looking to spend about 700-800 if possible.

Usually every generation has solid incremental performance increases, eg the GTX960M is 30% faster than the GTX860M, but this generation is a titanic leap forward - we're talking 150-200% performance increase between the previous gen GTX9 series and the new GTX10 series.

GTX970M - Infinite Warfare 1080p ultra - 55fps
    GTX1070M - Infinite Warfare 1080p ultra - 115fps

The 1070 is the sucessor the GTX970, you can see how big a leap that is in one generation.

GTX1060M - Infinite Warfare 1080p ultra - 90fps - this card is the sucessor to the GTX960 and is in between 150-200% faster.

Both laptops cost around the same money, and the GTX1050 (currently unreleased) will be in between both (maybe around 65-70fps), but will cost significantly less (around GTX960 pricing - but the GTX960 runs IW at 1080p ultra at 30fps so you are looking at 100% performance difference for similar money)

• Advertisement

ah i see.

So how long until the new one will be in custom builds ? and what are we looking price wise for a laptop with it in it?

ah i see.

So how long until the new one will be in custom builds ? and what are we looking price wise for a laptop with it in it?

Advertisement