Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolmen Insurance

Options
  • 12-11-2016 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just looking for a few answers please. I am thinking of buying a camper, if it needs a DOE Dolmen have told me once they insure it I have 2 weeks to DOE it. Now does anyone know what happens if the camper doesn't pass ? Do I get more time to get it fixed & put through or does Dolmen refund my money?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

pongo69 wrote: »
    Just looking for a few answers please. I am thinking of buying a camper, if it needs a DOE Dolmen have told me once they insure it I have 2 weeks to DOE it. Now does anyone know what happens if the camper doesn't pass ? Do I get more time to get it fixed & put through or does Dolmen refund my money?

Thanks

Probably a question best directed at Dolmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I is likely to fail? Can you get the current owner to put it through the doe?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pongo69

i dont know if it will fail i just might need time to fix it no DOE for 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Agree a price with the seller subject to them putting it through the DOE

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Hello,I was a customer of Dolmens for 8 years never had issue untill, last year due to other holiday arrangements the camper was not required so was left at home .
    As regards your question about insurance and DOE , i was late renewing my policy and testing that year, I renewed Online a 2 months later received a letter with refund from Dolmen afterwards saying policy was too late to renew and i explained i needed to bring motorhome to test centre to get DOE ,they refused to insure on what basis I am not sure ,neither would they divulge why.
    to make a long story short i found dolmen quite easy going until i had this issue, I contacted numerous Brokers with little response or help offered i was thinking of packing it in then gave a final go I contacted Bill in the Camper Club who being a true Gent gave me cover and loads of advice. So there is more than one insurance option out there and one humane understanding person at the end of one of those phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Dolmen provide unlimited cover on windscreens on pre 2010 policies,important on large a types,but if your cover is broken the new policy gives less cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

munsterabu wrote: »
    Hello,I was a customer of Dolmens for 8 years never had issue untill, last year due to other holiday arrangements the camper was not required so was left at home .
    As regards your question about insurance and DOE , i was late renewing my policy and testing that year, I renewed Online a 2 months later received a letter with refund from Dolmen afterwards saying policy was too late to renew and i explained i needed to bring motorhome to test centre to get DOE ,they refused to insure on what basis I am not sure ,neither would they divulge why.
    to make a long story short i found dolmen quite easy going until i had this issue, I contacted numerous Brokers with little response or help offered i was thinking of packing it in then gave a final go I contacted Bill in the Camper Club who being a true Gent gave me cover and loads of advice. So there is more than one insurance option out there and one humane understanding person at the end of one of those phones.

what kind of cover did Bill provide or who with?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Hi Piuswal 
    here is a link to the clubs site,  this will explain all .
    I had to Tow Camper to test Centre to complete test, then i got cover.
     http://motorcaravanclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

munsterabu wrote: »
    Hi Piuswal 
    here is a link to the clubs site,  this will explain all .
    I had to Tow Camper to test Centre to complete test, then i got cover.
     http://motorcaravanclub.com/

Thanks for that.

Advertisement