Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc Maths

Options
  • 12-11-2016 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if u dont know how to get an answer to a part of a question can u make an answer up to use in the next part?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PurpleElephant

That's a really good question. I know that in questions where one part asks you to prove that the answer is 5x for example, you can use that value for the rest of the question even if you couldn't prove it. In other questions though, I guess the problem with making up an answer is that it might not work out very neatly or could be a lot more work. You should probably ask your maths teacher what they think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Telo123 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if u dont know how to get an answer to a part of a question can u make an answer up to use in the next part?

Yes but you have to be careful as you can loose some marks if you've 'oversimplified' your first part answer to make the second part easy to answer.
    Hope I'm explaining that ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Cheers lads

Advertisement