Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Build for family member

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What games is he playing? It's a solid build and will run anything at decent levels, but for example, Battlefield 1 is a total CPU hog that takes a toll even on Skylake i3's - a build with a i5-6400 and a GTX1050 (or GTX1060 3GB/RX470 4GB if you can push) would be a more better, balanced build for that game and others like it.

Graphics card wouldn't be as good obviously, but you'd be able to maintain a solid 60fps - with the i3-6100, even though an RX480 can run the game at ultra perfectly, you would still dip into 30-40fps range at times on the bigger maps due to CPU bottlenecking.

Depends on the games, but worth considering depending on what he want to play.

Advertisement