Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher WV2 Window Vac - is there a way to reset?

Options
  • 11-11-2016 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

I borrowed my neighbour's Karcher window vac yesterday and think I broke it. I wouldn't normally borrow something like this but she pressed it on me and I thought I'd like to try it out before possibly buying one for myself.

Started off grand. Very impressed at how smear-free it left the windows. Then it started acting up - first, it was coming on without the power button being pressed, then I couldn't turn it off. Then it went off and wouldn't restart.

I plugged it in for a recharge. Also emptied the tank, draining it as much as possible. Charging light didn't come on initially, then later came on and blinked a bit. Heard some noise during the night, I suspect it came on and ran for a while. Same thing happened this morning. Now not a murmur out of it.

Is it possible that some moisture leaked into the switch? Any easy fix?

Agh! Will probably need to buy a new one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

What is best price for replacement? Looking at Currys have WV2 for €69.99. Local hardware store €85.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you told your neighbour what's happening? Maybe it happened before? Could be under warranty still?

Quick google suggests the switches on these corrode and give problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I might sound her out on where and when she bought it. If it was recent and can be replaced under warranty, I might confess. If not recent, will just buy a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't it unusual that it would break on your watch. No wonder she was so keen for you to take it ;)

Advertisement