Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Box Accessibility Features

Options
  • 11-11-2016 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I am looking to buy an Android Box for a guy with a physical disability which means he will need to use the Android Accessibility Feature called Switch Access (available in [most] Android Phones/Tablets over V 5.0) to control the device. Not having much luck getting anything back from suppliers or manufacturers about whether this feature is included in their builds and it's not something covered by most YouTube reviewers.
    Rather than buying a range of them to try I was hoping some people on here could check their boxes Accessibility settings and let me know what is listed, with the make and model (and any other info like if it's a good quality product).
    Thanks,
    Karl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Hi, I've a Beelink Minimx iii, on 5.1.1, I can't see Switch Access in the Accessibility menu. Its been a long week though, and maybe I'm reading it wrong, but according to your link, would it be something that wouldn't show up unless Switches were connected?

As for the box it self, I'm well happy with it over all, got it in July and been using it since and its done all I wanted, which is basically stream stuff in 1080.

I've a much more expensive Minix neo 8h+, but thats on 4,1,1 I think? Anyway, I'm using the Beelink mostly these days, the Minix is relegated to another house I own down the west

The beelink was about €40 from Gearbest, the Minix from the same was €113 plus about €22 for a minix A2 airmouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 0kee

Thanks for the reply H,
    Yeah, if it's included in the OS build it should be in the Accessibility settings regardless of whether a Switch is connected or not. Thanks for checking. The Beelink looks like a decent little box, if I can't find anything with a Switch Access in the Accessibility Features I might just get this one and look at hacking together an accessible remote control for him.
    thanks again

Advertisement