Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delonghi Dolce Gusto Jovia Coffee Maker, €39.99 @DID.

Options
  • 11-11-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Looks like a nice little coffee maker for €39.99.
    DID wrote:
    From espresso to cappuccino to skinny latte and indulgent chococino - Just put in the capsule of your choice and let your Dolce Gusto Jovia do the work.

Dolce Gusto System
    15 bar pressure: The high pressure ensures an even distribution of water and pressure is delivered through the capsule to maximise the flavour extraction

Capsule-Based System
    The introduction of a patented capsule-based system conveniently delivers hot or cold multi-beverages

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Thanks op was thinking of getting a coffee maker but were to get pods from and cost of pods ?, this might put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Thanks op was thinking of getting a coffee maker but were to get pods from and cost of pods ?, this might put me off.

30 pods in dunnes for 10 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Just my opinion on coffee makers,

In the last year, ive bought 4 different types of coffee makers.

First was a filter and pot type, took way to long and made a lot of coffee for one person. Not ideal when your running out the door.

Next i got the Dolce Gusto pod coffee maker, nearly all the pods where absoutlely full of sugar so i got rid of that, and some you needed to swap pods half way through making your coffee.

Next i got a Bodum french press, I just couldnt master the perfect cup, even with stop watches and measured ground coffee it never tasted right for me and i got fed up.

Then about a month ago I got a Delonghi pump type for 70 euro on sale in Currys with the handle same as what youd see in coffee shop or whatever and its great, proper good tasting coffee, youd need to buy a grinder, expresso cup and milk jug seperate but its the only way. Most of the delonghi's take pods too.

So save a few hundred quid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My xmess gift to myself is going to be a bean to cup coffee maker as I think there like 270 euros put I just trow the beans in and I am good to go. I work 80% at home so it's something that I know I get use out of and can't wait to get. Black Friday better be good now :).

But I don't think the girlfirend is going to be happy another toy in the house haha. She is after makeing me sell all my retro games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Etnies wrote: »
    Next i got the Dolce Gusto pod coffee maker, nearly all the pods where absoutlely full of sugar so i got rid of that, and some you needed to swap pods half
    Then about a month ago I got a Delonghi pump type for 70 euro on sale in Currys with the handle same as what youd see in coffee shop or whatever and its great, proper good tasting coffee, youd need to buy a grinder, expresso cup and milk jug seperate but its the only way. Most of the delonghi's take pods too.

So save a few hundred quid :D

What model is that De Longhi?
    Would it be this one ... http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/delonghi-ec271-espresso-pump-coffee-machine-black-and-silver/335323/396.2.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Lidl are doing a nespresso type coffee maker on Monday for 50 beans...might be of interest to someone here
    10 capsules are €1.50,
    TEXET® 1400W Capsule Coffee Maker €49.99
    Compatible all nespresso size capsules LCD brewing buttons.
    The manual control can be updated to energy saving function.

Link
    cm-195wk46_01_f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Dolce Gusto is great on paper but:

- the milk based coffees were awful sickly affairs
    - the teas and hot choc I didn't try, but apparently not bad
    - the espresso was OK, but then just buy a Nespresso machine and compatible cartridges

The Nespresso only does espresso unless you have a separate froather, and that's not as good as a milk wand in a proper machine.

I'd recommend:
    For espresso: Nespresso compatible machine / proper coffee machine (€200) and a grinder (€40)
    For milk based drinks: proper coffee machine or a proper all-in-one machine (€250-300)

Shocked at the price? Add up what 1 year of coffee costs in a cafe...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Dolce Gusto is great on paper but:

- the milk based coffees were awful sickly affairs
    - the teas and hot choc I didn't try, but apparently not bad
    - the espresso was OK, but then just buy a Nespresso machine and compatible cartridges

The Nespresso only does espresso unless you have a separate froather, and that's not as good as a milk wand in a proper machine.

I'd recommend:
    For espresso: Nespresso compatible machine / proper coffee machine (€200) and a grinder (€40)
    For milk based drinks: proper coffee machine or a proper all-in-one machine (€250-300)

Shocked at the price? Add up what 1 year of coffee costs in a cafe...

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

Thanks op first of my Christmas presents bought by the other half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

We had the Dolce Gusto Melody

It lasted 3 years and two of them we're with new born twins

It finally gave up the ghost two weeks ago lost pressure and wasn't doing the magic so it was recycled

It served us well and the coffee was always very nice we weren't very fond of the milky drinks so it was coffee for us.

Monday I am going to go and get the one in lidl and give the nespresso a shot the pods are a lot cheaper

Herself's sister gave us a loan of a senseo machine that you put what I can only describe as roundy tea bag like things into it, not bad but its filling a gap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

kcb wrote: »

Yes thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

But I don't think the girlfirend is going to be happy another toy in the house haha. She is after makeing me sell all my retro games...

Should have sold the girlfriend instead 😂 try getting her to sell some of her stuff that you don't like and then sit back and watch her lose it 😂

Anyways about the coffee machine.. looks good for the price, would the pods from Lidl or Aldi work with this?

Advertisement