Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can A Phone With An Unpaid Bill Be Unlocked?

Options
  • 11-11-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

A friend of mine asked me if i could get him an unlock code online for his Samsung Galaxy S5. Told him he could do it through Vodafone but he hasn't paid his bill for it. Would using a service like unlock.ie or the code sellers on Ebay work in unlocking the phone? Or have Vodafone put on a block making this impossible?

Anyone know of the best places to unlock phones? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i used Unlock.ie on 3 occasions this year.

price reasonable, response within 24 hrs & and code worked 1st time each time. didn't have any issues so cannot comment on customer service.

i dont think vodafone will issue code without payment. but once your using a different network you should be okay to use the handset. thats not to say VF wont pursue the debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i used Unlock.ie on 3 occasions this year.

price reasonable, response within 24 hrs & and code worked 1st time each time. didn't have any issues so cannot comment on customer service.

i dont think vodafone will issue code without payment. but once your using a different network you should be okay to use the handset. thats not to say VF wont pursue the debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Thanks for that. Didn't want to get the code from unlock.ie or elsewhere then find out that VF had a block on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

malcy wrote: »
    A friend of mine asked me if i could get him an unlock code online for his Samsung Galaxy S5. Told him he could do it through Vodafone but he hasn't paid his bill for it. Would using a service like unlock.ie or the code sellers on Ebay work in unlocking the phone? Or have Vodafone put on a block making this impossible?

Anyone know of the best places to unlock phones? Thanks.

If its a bill phone and your friend is not paying his bill then a network can blacklist the phone. It wont work on any network even if its unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get a phone heavily discounted due to contract
    Not pay bill
    Unlock and abscond

= Theft.

It can and will be blacklisted if the debt is left for long enough. Tell him to fix his finances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement