Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introduction

• 11-11-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Morning All,

Just a brief introduction, Kevin O'Sullivan - Cork, 26!

Recently upgraded my desktop and looking to get into virtual flying, just purchased a Saitek - x52 Pro flight stick.

I'm a real newbie when it comes to this!

Would you recommend X- Planes or FSX? is there many advantages of purchasing from Steam? what particular add-on's do you recommend?

PC SPEC:

Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake Extreme Desktop PC - PC Case Style:AEROCOOL
    STRIKE X ADVANCE BLACK
    Processor CPU: Intel i7 6700K Skylake 4.00Ghz (4 Cores)
    CPU Cooling: Zalman x5 Performance Cooler
    Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz (8GBx2)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170 - Pro Gaming
    SSD M.2 SATA: Optional Extra
    Hard Disk 1: 2 Terabyte Hybrid with SSD Technology
    Optical Drive: SAMSUNG 24X DVD Rewriter
    Video Card(s): Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 8GB VR READY
    Sound Card: ALC1150 HIGH DEFINITION
    Wireless: Asus 300 MBPS Dual Band PCI-e
    Power Supply: 850 Watt A/PFC 80+ BRONZE
    Operating System: Windows 10 Professional Edition

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Hi Kevin

Well, I play X Plane, X Plane 10 that is. I don't think my poor 5 year old VIAO could deal with X Plane 11 - my VIAO has only a 1GB Nvidia Cuda. In other specs, it has a i7 CPU and 8 GB RAM; OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I use a Black Widow Joystick. I don't spend as much time as I used to on flying - I also have X Plane 10 for Android (base app is free) installed on my HTC Desire 825 smartphone.

that's me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kevin_Sull

Hi 5rtytry56,

Thanks for dropping by!

I'm a complete newb to this, FSX looks quite complex!

Looking forward to getting it up and running!

Thanks,
    Kev

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Dylan_Cooper

[font=Georgia, serif]Hello Guys,[/font]
    [font=Georgia, serif]This is Dylan Cooper, I am new at this platform.[/font]

[font=Georgia, serif]I am here to learn a lot from this forum & at the same time will contribute as well.[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Hi Dylan... have you got FSX, XPlane or P3D and whats your computer spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lofty1069

Hi folks
    I fly and do ATC control regularly on VATSIM.  I use FSX steam edition,  but on vatsim you are connected to the servers so will see each other
    Great fun and would recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lofty1069

Does anyone use Join FS ?  This is a freeware addon that allows multiplayer connection for a shared cockpit flight regardless of the simulator platform (FSX boxed, FSX-SE, Prepared, X-plane) you are using.
    You obviously have to have the same aircraft loaded...

Advertisement