Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receipt for LEAP card use?

Options
  • 11-11-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi
    I have to travel to town for a seminar next week. I gonna use DART and DB, and would like to paywith my LEAP card. In order to get my travel costs reimbursed, i need some sort of receipt for the travel expenses. Is there any way to get a paper receipt if i pay my journey by leap card?

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭markpb

Could you print out your trip record from the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

marvin42 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have to travel to town for a seminar next week. I gonna use DART and DB, and would like to paywith my LEAP card. In order to get my travel costs reimbursed, i need some sort of receipt for the travel expenses. Is there any way to get a paper receipt if i pay my journey by leap card?

thank you!

The only thing I can think of approximating a receipt for Leap on DART (and likely DB also) is the online transaction history if you have registered your card with your account. Not paper, I know, but just in case you weren't aware it might be worth a look. Otherwise, since you're travelling for work and expensing the costs (i.e. no net cost to you), if it absolutely must be a paper receipt, then I'd just pay with cash and expense the higher amount - if this were a major issue for your employer they would quickly find a way to update the policy accept (or even insist on) leap transaction history for reimbursement! Similarly I'd not be stressing over a couple of quid out of their pocket if they can't make it straightforward for you to use leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭marvin42

thank for the quick reply's. I spoke to our admin, and they are fine if i use the capped leap card fare, but they still need some sort of record that i put money on my leap card. Do i get a paper receipt if i top up m,y leap card?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

thank for the quick reply's. I spoke to our admin, and they are fine if i use the capped leap card fare, but they still need some sort of record that i put money on my leap card. Do i get a paper receipt if i top up m,y leap card?

You do get a till receipt if you top up on store, I don't know does it include the card number though. I top up using the app, and took a screenshot for purposes similar to yours before. You can also register the card online and take a screenshot from there?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Your transaction history on leapcard.ie will show the top up.

IN addition the top-up app for Android will show your last 5 transactions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Your transaction history on leapcard.ie will show the top up.

IN addition the top-up app for Android will show your last 5 transactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

A receipt is given when you top up. If not request it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Hi

thank you!

You can ask the bus driver for a printout.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes you do, an instore topup in a Payzone agent involves a tally roll receipt (similar to a credit card receipt when buying petrol), this will show your card number, the old balance and the new balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

markpb wrote: »
    Could you print out your trip record from the website?
    thats what I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If the company is going to fully reimburse your travel expenses, maybe it would be an idea to just buy the full price cash tickets the old fashioned way from the bus driver and train station machine where the physical tickets will be your proof and claim against it that way?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

ongarboy wrote: »
    If the company is going to fully reimburse your travel expenses, maybe it would be an idea to just buy the full price cash tickets the old fashioned way from the bus driver and train station machine where the physical tickets will be your proof and claim against it that way?

Doesn't contribute towards your own cap for the week then. Did this myself when I would have to take the Luas for work a fair bit, a tenner in a week off the cap that you get refunded adds up over time.

Advertisement