Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart kettle

Options
  • 11-11-2016 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Anyone got one of these. Any reviews or would you get one
    Was looking at the smart iKettle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The WEMO is rated to 15 amps, as long as your kettle doesn't exceeed 3.4KW that's the way to go. http://www.belkin.com/uk/F7C027-Belkin/p/P-F7C027/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

ted1 wrote: »
    The WEMO is rated to 15 amps, as long as your kettle doesn't exceeed 3.4KW that's the way to go. http://www.belkin.com/uk/F7C027-Belkin/p/P-F7C027/

Wouldn't you have to make sure the clicker on the kettle was in the on position though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Wouldn't you have to make sure the clicker on the kettle was in the on position though ?

Haha , just thought of that and came back to mention that you'd have to endure you kettle could be in the on position when it's powered up.

I always remember my granny's tea made.

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Vintage-Retro-Goblin-854-Teasmade-Tea-Maker-With-Light-Clock-Alarm-Working-/291923874852?nav=SEARCH

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yeah the lightwaverf sockets are rated at 13 amps

I use one on a crock pot slow cooker it just has one dial on it so its perfect for this and WeMo etc

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

I have the iKettle. I had the original one and after 11 months it developed a fault, we returned the product and it was the WiFi unit in the base of the kettle which was faulty. They sent us a replacement iKettle 2 which works.....

Would I buy another, No, we set it up with the girlfriends iPhone and then it kept rejecting my iPhone. So the long and short of it is we now just push the button on the front.

Conclusion, noisy and expensive for what it is......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭stesaurus

What exactly is the point of a smart kettle if you'd still have to fill it with water from the tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Fill it at night and have it come on for your morning coffee.

Fill it at night and have it heated to 100 and then cool to 45 for a night feed automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

I ordered the Xiaomi Mi Electric Kettle from Gearbest. Getting good reviews. I have some of their other smart home stuff as well. Should be delivered next week. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement