Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse in the house?

Options
  • 10-11-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering offhand at this time of year is there anything in particular in a home that would encourage a mouse to venture inside? We've just spotted our second mouse in as many months but there are absolutely no signs of a permanent lodger - no droppings, no noises etc.
    Last one we set a humane trap and let her off in a field about a mile away. Just set another trap for one that just sauntered into my bedroom as I was up putting my wee one to bed.
    Also on that note, is there anything in particular I should be worried about with wild mice and babies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Mice will always try to get into a house once the cold weather starts.

If you've found two, you can be sure there are others :mad:

I havent heard about any issue of babies & mice, though Im sure if your baby is crawling on the floor with mice droppings that would be unhygenic, but then you'd want a heck of a lot of mice to have droppings that a baby could find!!

What do your dogs think/have they noticed?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

aonb wrote: »
    Mice will always try to get into a house once the cold weather starts.

If you've found two, you can be sure there are others :mad:

I havent heard about any issue of babies & mice, though Im sure if your baby is crawling on the floor with mice droppings that would be unhygenic, but then you'd want a heck of a lot of mice to have droppings that a baby could find!!

What do your dogs think/have they noticed?!?

Opie hasn't noticed at all. Two very isolated incidents far apart. The first we found running like a banshee into the bathroom and then downstairs into our living room. That was just under two months ago (we were actually about to head off on our honeymoon so Opie was in kennels). He's not given off any signs that there's anything in the house which is leading me to believe they're getting in one at a time rather than lodging in the walls.
    The only place my youngest would be crawling is downstairs and its light coloured laminate and I steam and hoover daily because of His Royal Hairiness so I'm confident I'd spot droppings if they were about (kept two pet rats for 3 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

lol...if I ever see a mouse running in my house there's usually at least 3 cats not far behind. I remember when I moved into this place it was overrun with mice and rats - the noise of running feet of my (than only the cautious number of 11) cats was audible all night. I'd say they had the time of their Life.i suspect they are quite bored currently....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

lol...if I ever see a mouse running in my house there's usually at least 3 cats not far behind. I remember when I moved into this place it was overrun with mice and rats - the noise of running feet of my (than only the cautious number of 11) cats was audible all night. I'd say they had the time of their Life.i suspect they are quite bored currently....:D

I would give my left leg for a cat. I must be one of the very few that are equally mad about cats and dogs! However, dogs always seem to fall into my lap and they always hate cats :(

Advertisement