Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bedding needed for Chicco next to me

Options
  • 10-11-2016 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm a FTM so excuse my stupidity! Just got the Chicco next to me for little ones arrival in 5 weeks.

What bedding is needed?

Was going to use pillow cases as per recommendations on some threads but they don't fit. Can someone recommended fitted sheets that fit the mattress that comes with it?

Also wanted to try swaddling so what would I need other than a swaddling blanket. A cellular blanket on top given its winter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I got travel cot sheets in mamas and papas.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I used Mothercare crib stretchy fitted sheets. They're a tight stretch but they fit and they were only £2.99 each in the Christmas sale last year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

I got the specific sheets for it on Amazon for six Euro each. They're pricey but good quality and a perfect fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

I got flat cot sheets which obviously fit it easy, compared to fitted ones. Got them online on Guiney's for 9.99 for 2, plus postage. They're soft brushed cotton ones. The pillowcase ones fit the Moses basket though

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Gatica wrote: »
    I got flat cot sheets which obviously fit it easy, compared to fitted ones. Got them online on Guiney's for 9.99 for 2, plus postage. They're soft brushed cotton ones. The pillowcase ones fit the Moses basket though

Perfect thanks and just tuck them underneath? Good idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

babyaccessories.ie is where I got mine and a mattress protector too. It was the Baby Elegance sheets I went with. Fergal there was very helpful over email.

Perfect thanks and just tuck them underneath? Good idea!
    Yeah, just tucked in. The mattress in the chicco fits really tight into the cot, so there's no worries of it coming loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Gatica wrote: »

This is exactly what we do!

The next to me is my all time favourite baby item I love it, so sorry I only got it on baby number two!

Unfortunately fire us it didn't work great. She didn't really sleep well in it and it takes quite a bit of space in our bedroom. We've switched to using a Moses basket instead and she sleeps much better in it, plus if she falls asleep in the living room we can just bring her across to bedroom.

Advertisement