Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First PC Build

Options
  • 10-11-2016 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to build my first PC. My main uses will be programming, YouTube, Netflix, photo editing, and football manager.

Hey guys, would appreciate your advice. Have my own ideas, but would like some more knowledgeable opinions first. Thanks.

1. What is your budget? ~600. Could expand on that a bit if really needed

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? As above

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes. I assume I can't use the same key as my laptop

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 24"

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard, Mouse

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Eventually, but would prefer not to at start

8. How can you pay? Debit Car, PayPal, Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? No rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Steep to fit a monitor there too.

What's your own list?

i5 6400 €180
    H150m €50
    8gb DDR4 €35
    120gb SSD €60
    400w PSU €40
    Case €40
    1tb HDD €50
    Total €455

At 600 rough with a monitor

Get Windows when you can afford it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I can save a bit more for a monitor. If my budget is 700 without a monitor what could I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The above with a better/nicer case. Add another 40 for the case. Another 30 for another 8gb RAM.

I'd say FM will run on the iGPU, if not, or you want a full gaming rig, a 460 or 1050.

After that, biggggger SSD

600 was actually easier than I was expecting, you can probably fit two monitors in handy enough seeing as you seem to be able to save okay.

A 1080p monitor is about 130, 1440p has much more room and is about 200

Advertisement