Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beginners Bjj in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 10-11-2016 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi guys and gals,

I have an interest in taking up a beginners course in Jiu Jitsu. I have seen a lot of places in Dublin mix all abilities together and Im not sure of this because I have never done any kind of martial arts or self defence classes before so I dont have a clue but I am very open minded.

I dont have any plans to train for a fight, I want to do this mainly for confidence and to keep fit.

Has anybody any experience of joining a centre or class in the city centre? How much did you pay a month? I know a lot of people say SBG are great but I really cannot afford that and something within walking distance or cycling distance from Dublin 7 would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kyuzo are giving a free class this Saturday if you fancy trying it out. They are between Finglas and Glasnevin.

http://kyuzogym.com/free-martial-arts-trial-day-dublin

I trained there for a short period, great place, very welcoming trainers and members. No ego's and folk of all abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

Thank you Boom_Bap. Gonna go for a walk with the madra now to check it out. Google Maps says 57 Minutes so I estimate 45-50.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Jorge Santos, now on Parnell St, used to offer a free beginner class on Saturdays when they were on Capel St.

I walked up to Kyuzo tonight and it was 48 minutes from the door to walk a little over 5 kilometres.

Maybe I am probably looking at something a little closer as there is no way to take one of the 'Dublin Bikes' there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rossi.

link

beginners class, tue and thurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jorge Santos if you fancy a 30min-ish walk to Parnell St.

How much is Jorge Santos a month out of interest guys? Do they do a beginner class or are you mixed in with all abilities :-) thank you for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Harambe1 wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals,

I have an interest in taking up a beginners course in Jiu Jitsu. I have seen a lot of places in Dublin mix all abilities together and Im not sure of this because I have never done any kind of martial arts or self defence classes before so I dont have a clue but I am very open minded.

I dont have any plans to train for a fight, I want to do this mainly for confidence and to keep fit.

Has anybody any experience of joining a centre or class in the city centre? How much did you pay a month? I know a lot of people say SBG are great but I really cannot afford that and something within walking distance or cycling distance from Dublin 7 would be great.

Hey Harambe1, we're Balance BJJ (www.tbi.ie) and we're beside Drumcondra Train Station/Croke Park. We have a free trial week for BJJ Beginners at the moment, Tuesdays & Thursdays at 7.30pm.
    After that the 4 week Gracie Basics course is 50 euro (8 classes) and if you want to keep going, monthly membership is 79 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 antb

Hi I train at de la riva in Inchicore great prof and place to train a lot white belts just starting out first class or two are free so maybe worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

jorge santos 90 per month
    fantom mma 60 per month
    jungle bjj 50 per month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

jorge santos 90 per month
    fantom mma 60 per month
    jungle bjj 50 per month

Thanks a mill Guys, I really appreciate all of the replies. I had no idea that Jungle Bjj existed. It is literally 400 metres from front door so I am going for a free trial class next week. The knowledge of boards

Advertisement