Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DRONE INFO

Options
  • 10-11-2016 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi guys,

i am looking at buying a drone for christmas and have found a few but looking for someone with a bit more knowledge on this.

the ones i am looking at all are battery operated. is there much ones that arent as i find the flight times on this are very low mostly 5-8 mins

i am looking at spending between 100-170 on this.

has anyone got a battery one and if so which batteries do you use

thanks for your help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're all battery powered.

8-10mins is good for small units. 25mins would be the peak unladen on bigger units.

Unless your budget raises up to €700+ you won't be looking at much more than 10mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 br2016

thank you for your help.

at the moment im torn between Mondo Motors Ultradrone X31.0 Explorers Camera WiFi which is from debenhams or the Kaiser Baas Alpha Drone from harvey normans

• Registered Users Posts: 8 br2016

thank you for your help.

at the moment im torn between Mondo Motors Ultradrone X31.0 Explorers Camera WiFi which is from debenhams or the Kaiser Baas Alpha Drone from harvey normans

Buying online would be the way I'd go. Debenhams wouldnt be known for their drones.

That cameras only good for FPV, but as the unit doesnt have FPV then its kinda pointless.

Exposure adjustment on that is useless.

If its for a kid it might do fine but if it were for me I'd fly it once and leave it on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Hi, I'm looking to buy one for my brother for Christmas, but I want a live feed one...what's FPV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

StinkySocs wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to buy one for my brother for Christmas, but I want a live feed one...what's FPV?

FPV = First Person View basically you see what the camera sees on a Small screen

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭StinkySocs

Thanks!!

What do you think of this one: http://www.xheli.com/56h-x5hw-super-black.html
    I live in Florida so do you think the batteries would be an issue - like if they are in the box disconnected - they should be fine - right - sorry when I fly back to Ireland at Christmas? I might email Aer Lingus... but do you think this is a good one?

StinkySocs wrote: »
    Thanks!!

What do you think of this one: http://www.xheli.com/56h-x5hw-super-black.html
    I live in Florida so do you think the batteries would be an issue - like if they are in the box disconnected - they should be fine - right - sorry when I fly back to Ireland at Christmas? I might email Aer Lingus... but do you think this is a good one?

Same way you can bring a phone, you can bring a done. The issues come with posting.
    Batteries can short circuit and catch fire if they are carried loose in your bag. Loose Batteries must be protected against contact with other metal items (e.g. by being in their orginal packaging or own protective case) and carried in your hand baggage.

Equipment containing correctly installed batteries can be packed in your checked baggage.

If you don't want video, get a drone without a camera, no point paying for and lifting something you don't need. If you do want video, dont buy that.

Advertisement