Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tado

• 10-11-2016 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got a Tado setup and what is your experience with it? Especially with underfloor heating compared to radiators. Underfloor heating takes a lot longer to get up to temp, how does it manage with this?

Looking into it, and I like the minimalistic look and features it provides. Plus I like how it controls your heating based on the gps location of your phone. But can you have 2 or more phones associated with it? Not much use if I leave the house and the rest of the family is at home and the heating suddenly turns down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

jester77 wrote: »
    Anyone got a Tado setup and what is your experience with it? Especially with underfloor heating compared to radiators. Underfloor heating takes a lot longer to get up to temp, how does it manage with this?

Looking into it, and I like the minimalistic look and features it provides. Plus I like how it controls your heating based on the gps location of your phone. But can you have 2 or more phones associated with it? Not much use if I leave the house and the rest of the family is at home and the heating suddenly turns down.

I have it almost 2 years now....its excellent...you can set it up on a few phones...you can even control it with alexa...I bought the extension kit for hot water and another thermostat for upstairs. its well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

JAMM222 wrote: »
    I have it almost 2 years now....its excellent...you can set it up on a few phones...you can even control it with alexa...I bought the extension kit for hot water and another thermostat for upstairs. its well worth it

Do you have underfloor heating? If so, how is it at regulating the temps? I'm not happy with the current system, it uses a combination of indoor and outdoor sensors, but on really cold days I have to intervene and manually turn it up.

Advertisement