Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Christmas Ch-ennel?

Options
  • 10-11-2016 9:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

We were hoping some space would free up in the DSCPA kennels over xmas, but it looks like it's not to be.

Myself and my partner are away visiting family out of the country 23-29 dec this year and looking for somewhere to look after Lizzie.

She is an absolute DREAM with people and the most amazing dog I've ever met around children.

Buuuut she isn't so good around other dogs. She was attacked in the pound before we rescued here so gets nervous around other dogs.

We had kept her in Lissenhall Kennels during a summer holiday before and she got on great, but having seen some other kennels since, and considering they're no longer operating, we'd like somewhere "nicer", especially for the winter.

The only potential problem is that she's a staffie cross. An staffie cross who doesn't get on with other dogs...

So, does anyone know of some kind of doggy hotel / really nice kennel that we could check out and book her into for a stay over xmas?

(normally she stays with friends or family, but given the time of year that's not possible this time)

Thanks so much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

try Best kennels in Garristown. Owner can be a bit odd but they take great care of the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Try The Canine Country Club. I would leave my dogs there if going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

Knine wrote: »
    Try The Canine Country Club. I would leave my dogs there if going away.

I wouldn't! my friends dog was stolen from there a few years ago and the owner was not helpful in getting her back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

3dogs wrote: »
    I wouldn't! my friends dog was stolen from there a few years ago and the owner was not helpful in getting her back

I actually know the owners & what happened. I am also extremely fussy about where I would leave my dogs.

Advertisement