Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running injury advice?

Options
  • 10-11-2016 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

So I ran the DCM, and started noticing a limp in my right foot about a week after. It's always grand for a bit, but the more I walk the worse it becomes until I'm doing a very exaggerated limp. I had to leave work early today because of it and I'll be missing work tomorrow to rest up. I don't want to have to pay for a doctor's visit, the pain is on the top of my right foot, to the left just back from the big toe. Hurts if I touch it, hurts if I flex my foot. Anyone have any advice, or thoughts on what could be up here? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Fbjm wrote: »
    So I ran the DCM, and started noticing a limp in my right foot about a week after. It's always grand for a bit, but the more I walk the worse it becomes until I'm doing a very exaggerated limp. I had to leave work early today because of it and I'll be missing work tomorrow to rest up. I don't want to have to pay for a doctor's visit, the pain is on the top of my right foot, to the left just back from the big toe. Hurts if I touch it, hurts if I flex my foot. Anyone have any advice, or thoughts on what could be up here? Thanks.

Giving medical advice is a no-no here, I think. But anyway don't go to a doctor. See a podiatrist or physio. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If you don't want to pay to ask for a professional opinion then sit back and hope for the best. The injury may simply heal with rest and time. Btw, surely a doctor-physio visit won't break the bank?

Advertisement