Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook privacy settings - help

Options
  • 10-11-2016 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

So , I have my facebook set to private, "only friends" can see my posts. However they can also all see every comment I make on other people's posts and pictures which has been the cause of some awkwardness.
    How can I continue letting "friends" see my posts but keep my comments on other pages private?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,125 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you make a comment on a post or page that your friends have access to, they'll be able to see it.
    If it's on an otherwise private page, they won't see it.

If we could see other peoples comments FB would be pretty empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Mellor wrote: »
    If you make a comment on a post or page that your friends have access to, they'll be able to see it.
    If it's on an otherwise private page, they won't see it.

If we could see other peoples comments FB would be pretty empty.

Hmm ok so I just know too many people with public pages then? Everyone seems to see every comment I make.
    Not much I can do about it if it's other peoples settings though I suppose.
    If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know please!:)

Hmm ok so I just know too many people with public pages then? Everyone seems to see every comment I make.
    People with public pages, or mutual friends.
    Have you friend not bitching about your friends online, :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not much I can do about it if it's other peoples settings though I suppose.

This actually can't be changed, once you comment on a liked page, or even a page you don't like, FB will show you that, not in all cases, it's algorithm based what can be seen...

I recently in the last week or two went to check myself had they changed their policies on that but they haven't unfortunately...

Fieldog wrote: »
    This actually can't be changed, once you comment on a liked page, or even a page you don't like, FB will show you that, not in all cases, it's algorithm based what can be seen...

I recently in the last week or two went to check myself had they changed their policies on that but they haven't unfortunately...

Thank you!
    It seems like a mad sort of omission in this day and age, particularly when FB is used for things like illness support groups and the like. There are things you'd like to keep private.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    People with public pages, or mutual friends.

Have you friend not bitching about your friends online, :pac::pac::pac:

Not a case of bitching at all, just one or two pages I'd like to comment on privately. :)

Not a case of bitching at all, just one or two pages I'd like to comment on privately. :)
    If the pages/groups are private then the comments are private and only people within the group will see it.

Advertisement