Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo nes classic mini

Options
  • 09-11-2016 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get this on Friday when it's released. Have contacted both little woods and smiths and they stopped taking pre orders as they said their orders are full and argos withdrew it from online. So anyone any ideas how I can get my hands on one of these Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Chances are you won't get one on release if you haven't ordered already

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭janisjoplin

Chances are you won't get one on release if you haven't ordered already

OK thanks for response. Hopefully I will get one for Christmas. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyone know where I can get this on Friday when it's released. Have contacted both little woods and smiths and they stopped taking pre orders as they said their orders are full and argos withdrew it from online. So anyone any ideas how I can get my hands on one of these Friday?

If you really want to play the games you could go get an emulator and be playing them within the next 5 minutes on your PC.

I can see a lot of people getting it as a novelty item, and then it going into the attic after 1 week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

SeantheMan wrote: »
    If you really want to play the games you could go get an emulator and be playing them within the next 5 minutes on your PC.

I can see a lot of people getting it as a novelty item, and then it going into the attic after 1 week.

I imagine argos will your best bet. Reserve

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

SeantheMan wrote: »

I actually see it as a best X may present for 2016. It pretty much suits all generations and almost everyone. Ironically it moght best selling Nintendo product in very long time lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I actually see it as a best X may present for 2016. It pretty much suits all generations and almost everyone. Ironically it moght best selling Nintendo product in very long time lol.

Ummm i cant see anybody below the age of 30 bothering their arse playing this for longer than 5mins, the only factor this lil console will have it nostalgia, which will be lost on any younger ages :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well Nostalgia sells.

Also Nintendo have done well backing it with quality titles. There's some classics on there and a good game will be a good game forever. Most of the games on the system are far better than the majority of 'Triple A' guff released this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

nix wrote: »
    Ummm i cant see anybody below the age of 30 bothering their arse playing this for longer than 5mins, the only factor this lil console will have it nostalgia, which will be lost on any younger ages :(

Aint that what xmas is for? Giving **** to people that they dont need? At least thats what I get usually. :pac:

I dony know, I think a good few people would get a good kick out of such xmas present and would be great crack after presents opened up and waiting for dinner on xmas day.
    I see if I can get it and my sisters family would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭passatman86

Might be useful for you

Might be useful for you

Absolute con, love for they try to say that they are reluctantly letting t go, ignoring the fact that they e selling it on for a €20 profit. Crap like that is why adverts it's seen as such a waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

We got a machine in work that played all the old arcade classics. Everyone played it for a day or two and then realised that sh*t has moved on and space invaders etc isn't really all that fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

We got a machine in work that played all the old arcade classics. Everyone played it for a day or two and then realised that sh*t has moved on and space invaders etc isn't really all that fun.

Lies! Space Invaders will always be fun. Youre just playing it wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭sibergoth

anyone know anywhere to actually get one of these ?? everywhere sold out.. can't even get an order placed...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 batmansDad

Littlewoods appear to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

batmansDad wrote: »
    Littlewoods appear to have them

Link

weird. i just searched on little woods for nintendo and went through every product - couldn't find it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 batmansDad

Sorry, I can't post links

If you google:
    Nintendo NES Classic Mini Ireland

You can't seem to search for it on their site.

You should see it. That said, I received an email late last night telling me the order would not be fulfilled. Waiting to see if my card was charged.

out of stock.. can't place orders... same as everywhere ! never mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Got one of amazon.co.uk today, delivery on 02 Dec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Jude13 wrote: »
    Got one of amazon.co.uk today, delivery on 02 Dec.

But not at normal RRP they are all third party sellers at greatly inflated prices. Amazon themselves have no stock at the £59.99 price they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

But not at normal RRP they are all third party sellers at greatly inflated prices. Amazon themselves have no stock at the £59.99 price they should be.

Feel a little ill now, I had no idea they were that price. I didn't pay that....

yeah i'm not going to pay over the odds.. 50 quid normally... SmythsToys are marked at €65 which is too high honestly ! (and there's still no stock)

i'd say no chance now of getting these for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

A mate has one reserved in Wexford Argos and another lad has one reserved in Liffey Valley Argos.

They're slowly reappearing.

I however have none. :(

argos have stopped recognising the item number now !! must have taken it off due to lack of stock...

no stock now till 'January' what a balls... i guess Santa didnt get any deliveries !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This is typical of Nintendo strategy. Limited production numbers to artificially drive up demand. They did it with both the Wii and Wii-U. You can be guaranteed they will do the exact same with Switch next year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is typical of Nintendo strategy. Limited production numbers to artificially drive up demand. They did it with both the Wii and Wii-U. You can be guaranteed they will do the exact same with Switch next year.

It's actually not a part of their strategy. It always happens because Nintendo don't have large warehouse holding units for stock relying on retail to supply that. Usually means they have to be a but frugal when it comes to production numbers so they aren't left with unsold units of an unsuccessful product they can't warehouse.

It's a bit more complicated than Nintendo are evil but it nonetheless sucks.

Still can't fecking buy these anywhere :(

anyone have any info ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

sibergoth wrote: »
    Still can't fecking buy these anywhere :(

anyone have any info ?

Seen one in CEX galway the other day for €190!

Can't understand the appeal of these with emulators at the click of a button, you can even get USB controllers to make it feel more authentic, https://www.amazon.com/Classic-USB-NES-Controller-Mac-Compatible/dp/B002YVD3KM

Advertisement