Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Holiday in Phuket Thailand

Options
  • 09-11-2016 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there!

Myself and my roommate (both mid 20's) have booked flights for a month in Phuket, Thailand (summer 2017) with the intention of training in some form of combat sports gym for 4 weeks.

We are both fairly fit regular gym-goers who play GAA and do the odd bit of yoga with virtually no martial arts experience other than my roommate having some boxing experience. (5 amateur fights)

Can anyone recommend a good fighting gym that offers classes in muay thai, bjj, kickboxing, boxing or mma etc but also has regualr gym classes and yoga as opposed to an exclusively fighting gym?

We will be there for 4 weeks and hope to train as hard as we can while learning some new skills. (minimum twice a day)

Ideally the gym would be close to a beach and not a million miles away from some form of nightlife should we want to venture out at the weekend.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hi there!

Myself and my roommate (both mid 20's) have booked flights for a month in Phuket, Thailand (summer 2017) with the intention of training in some form of combat sports gym for 4 weeks.

We are both fairly fit regular gym-goers who play GAA and do the odd bit of yoga with virtually no martial arts experience other than my roommate having some boxing experience. (5 amateur fights)

Can anyone recommend a good fighting gym that offers classes in muay thai, bjj, kickboxing, boxing or mma etc but also has regualr gym classes and yoga as opposed to an exclusively fighting gym?

We will be there for 4 weeks and hope to train as hard as we can while learning some new skills. (minimum twice a day)

Ideally the gym would be close to a beach and not a million miles away from some form of nightlife should we want to venture out at the weekend.

Thank you!

Try posting in martial arts forum and mixed martial forum too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,133 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tiger Muay Thai or Phuket Top Team

Advertisement