Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display off during and after calls

Options
  • 09-11-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

My Sony Z3c shows a weird behaviour. Right after starting a new call (I mean, after dialling or selecting a name from the phonebook) the display goes black, it turns off even if the phone is away from my ear, so it's impossible to activate any option like the loudspeaker or the numeric pad.
    Furthermore, when the call is over, I cannot terminate it, so in certain cases, when the call doesn't terminate itself, I cannot press the red button to end it. For at least two minutes the devices is like dead. Pressing the side buttons does not have any effect either.
    Any idea about what this is?
    No new App has been installed right before this thing started. What should I do? Is there a strange setting that I don't know? Is it time to throw it away? :)
    What I noticed in the weeks before this weird thing started was that pictures in the phone didn't rotate on the display, unless I shook the phone several times.
    Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Normally the proximity sensor turns the screen off if it senses a close object such as your head on a call.
    It's usually up near the top of the phone and it's sort of semi hidden, might need to look for it in sunlight. If you have a case check its not covering it at all.

If you've no case covering it, it sounds faulty then.
    Try squeezing the screen back in that area a little as it may be activating the sensor from not being close enough for sensor to see through it properly. If phone is less than two years I'd look at getting it repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Keith186 wrote: »
    If you've no case covering it, it sounds faulty then.
    Try squeezing the screen back in that area a little as it may be activating the sensor from not being close enough for sensor to see through it properly. If phone is less than two years I'd look at getting it repaired.
    This is my situation, no case covering the phone.
    I have tried squeezing the screen and it worked. The spot where the pressure of my finger sorted the problem is two centimetres below the notification led. I should have the phone checked, it's less than two years, though I would rather go to an independent repair lab because they're faster. They could get it fixed in one day rather than two weeks.
    Thanks for your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Cool, only thing is you'll have to pay going to an indy shop and it should be free the other way.
    I sent one off before and it took one week but I had a spare phone to do me.

Advertisement