Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a laptop for programming

Options
  • 09-11-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a 2nd year software developer and I'm looking at buying a laptop. I know I need high enough specs but also want something that is quite usable for day to day tasks.

I've found two laptops that I'm pretty keen on but I cannot decide which. The Dell Inspiron i7559-7512gry OR the Asus K5015UW-ab78.

The Dell seems to be quite a bit higher spec although it seems quite heavy and loud. Also not sure what to think of the 4k touch screen.

The Asus seems quite well rounded along with 512gb of SSD compared to the Dell's 128gb SSD.

Can any of the techy's on this forum please help me to decide which one would suit me better as I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement