Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android browser hijack ? Strange behaviour

Options
  • 08-11-2016 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I have an LG G4 android smartphone running android 6.0 with Kaspersky internet security and CCleaner installed.

Over last couple of days Ive noticed some strange behaviour when using the stock internet browser. The progress bar (under the address bar) seems to be continously downloading/refreshing something. I havent noticed any other unusual behaviour but Im concerned that it might be using up my mobile data as my monthly allowance is quite low.

Could there be some malware such as a browser hijacker on my device or am I worrying unnecessarily given that everything else seems fine ?

Advertisement