Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Hue Apps?

Options
  • 07-11-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

Anyone have opinions on the various Hue apps available apart from the official ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

iConnectHue seems to get rave reviews. I bought it and had no end of trouble with my dimmer switch though so went back to the Philips app.
    If you're on Android I think you can get a refund for 15 mins if that's still the case.
    I don't like the fact that automation is a paid extra and there's other in app purchases too.

That said it seems the best received of them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OU812 wrote:
    Anyone have opinions on the various Hue apps available apart from the official ones?

I made a thread for Google OnHub.
    This router has an app , it's great for visibility of who's connected.

It has a Zigbee radio on it and you can control the hue directly from the OnHub app. Although it's said to be slightly inferior to the official app

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

On iOS;

OnSwitch is a great app with lots of practical & fun modes,

Huelloween is also very good, though it's only a once a year use app!!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Android:
    Hue Halloween
    Hue Fireworks
    Hue Christmas
    Hue Disco

They are fun apps for kids etc! My favourite apps for scenes/moods is On Switch.
    I use all4Hue for advanced configuration of my dimmer switches. It allows to me to assign scenes/actions to short & long presses on each button

Advertisement