Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRI (home renovation incentive)

Options
  • 07-11-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Looking for some information.
    I have built an extension to my home. If I get vat receipts from my builder can I go about claiming the vat back with revenue through the HRI or do I need the builder to complete documentation. any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looking for some information.
    I have built an extension to my home. If I get vat receipts from my builder can I go about claiming the vat back with revenue through the HRI or do I need the builder to complete documentation. any advice much appreciated.

It has to be initiated before works start. The builder has to open a case on the revenue site and input all the stage payments as he receives them and you can then log in and clarify that they have been entered.

If the works have started or are finished, I think it's too late to go through the HRI now.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭feckthisgenie

kceire wrote: »
    It has to be initiated before works start. The builder has to open a case on the revenue site and input all the stage payments as he receives them and you can then log in and clarify that they have been entered.

If the works have started or are finished, I think it's too late to go through the HRI now.

Thanks kceire, I must look into it further and get a definite answer. Thanks again

Advertisement