Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrum Cap for Child?

Options
  • 07-11-2016 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭

if anyone has any advice on a scrum cap for an 11 year old I'd appreciate it. My young fella has got some fairly hard knocks to the head recently so i was thinking it might help protect him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Scrum caps don't provide any protection in terms of head knocks/injuries/concussion. Work on how your son tackles and his technique as that will be much more beneficial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Haven't seen anything about scrumcaps protecting brain injury. They definitely protect the face from studs, when my young lad is of age he will have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Staplor wrote: »
    Haven't seen anything about scrumcaps protecting brain injury. They definitely protect the face from studs, when my young lad is of age he will have one.
    They are beneficial in terms of stopping cuts to the head but the face can still get cut/bruised with a scrum cao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks

any thoughts on this new head guard, developed by an Irish company?

N-Pro Headguard

I've no connection, just read this article and it does look like an advance on the normal scrum caps

Advertisement