Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re chroming a bumper.

Options
  • 07-11-2016 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend someone to re chrome a standard 70's ford bumper, not an American style or anything in Ireland?

Approx pice?

I presume sending one to the uk works out expensive ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

From what I have read over the years, most chroming work gets sent to the UK (only one Irish company afaik).
    In the rear of 'Irish Vintage Scene' magazine there is usually an ad for 'Castle Chrome' (UK company). Any chroming work isnt cheap.

What type of Ford is it?
    Parts for classic Fords are generally easy to come by - perhaps a replacement is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Theres a guy in Knocklyon, he's ben there for ever..cant comment on his work though as i've never used him..a few guys with bikes seem happy with his work....think theres a 150 minimim charge..
    Theres a place up north too i hear..

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

I am heading to the show in Birmimgham at the weekend, castle chrome usually have a stand there, so I will take a pic and ask them!. You also put me thinking about a second hand one, I found one on eBay, that looks 'shiny' in the pictures anyway....
    Will see what castle chrome quote first....:

Advertisement