Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best smartphone with very good camera for under €300, under €200

Options
  • 07-11-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    HTC One is getting old in the teeth, time for new phone. I have my eyes on the OnePlus 3 (rave reviews everywhere) but at €400 it's a tad expensive (my wife thinks).

So any suggestions for a great smartphone with very good camera for under €300 and under €200 please? Quick phone/decent storage & RAM, good battery...

The Moto G4 gets best under €200 in many places but someone said the camera isn't great.
    My wife got the Redmi Note 3 recently.

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The first place OEMs skim on is the camera. Its been the let down of lots of Moto G and Nexus devices for a while.

At 300 you might get a good sensor with a Chinese handset, at 200 that'd be difficult.

Second hand Galaxy S6 for €250-300. Doubt you'll get a comparable quality camera in a new device. Rubbish battery life, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Basil3 wrote: »
    Second hand Galaxy S6 for €250-300. Doubt you'll get a comparable quality camera in a new device. Rubbish battery life, though.

Thanks. Battery is important. I'm veering towards the LeEco LeMax phone.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Thanks. Battery is important. I'm veering towards the LeEco LeMax phone.

A max 2 has EU 4G. Don't think the 1 does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭dinneenp

ED E wrote: »
    A max 2 has EU 4G. Don't think the 1 does.

Thanks. Is that the only thing I need to look out for?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Lack of NFC is the only other thing that bugs me. Le Pro 3 covers that base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Have a look at the Huawei Honor 7. First hand experience and the battery in it is something I'll miss whenever I move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

JakeBell wrote: »
    Have a look at the Huawei Honor 7. First hand experience and the battery in it is something I'll miss whenever I move on.

Where is the best place to buy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Vmall. Eu is their official site. About £209

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

Vmall. Eu is their official site. About £209

Thanks very much. They are out of stock, you have any idea how long delivery takes? Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement