Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronic prostatitis / CPPS

Options
  • 07-11-2016 2:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Over the past year I'd been having a pelvic pain that was of a random, spasm like nature occuring several times a day. It might be no more than one or 2 minutes total duration throughout the day but it can be quite painful. Like having a knitting needle stuck into your lower abdomen.

I had an infection about a year ago and it was treated with an antibiotic. That resolved but the pain returned. Further ABs did nothing. Had a test and there's no bacterial infection so now GP is telling me that sometimes an infection damages or just sensitises the nerves and that some people just end up with ongoing pain.
    Sex wasn't good anymore because I was reluctant to go the whole way because ejaculating meant 2 or 3 hours of achey pain afterwards.

Anyone else get this or how would one go about treating or managing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 parkingposts

tried sending a pm. but was not able to. I dont post generally. Get your gp to make appointment with urologist. Get a DRE. Ask your gp about bph.

Advertisement