Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T and H Doolans

Options
  • 07-11-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

What is happening with this place? I heard that an old wall was knocked that shouldn't have been but that must be 2 years ago now. Is the place ever going to open up??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Deiseen wrote: »
    What is happening with this place? I heard that an old wall was knocked that shouldn't have been but that must be 2 years ago now. Is the place ever going to open up??

Far as I'm aware, there was an issue with wall but its in owners court if work starts again.if owner saw all the city centre busy with people, wouldn't be long about opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Max Powers wrote: »

Far as I'm aware, there was an issue with wall but its in owners court if work starts again.if owner saw all the city centre busy with people, wouldn't be long about opening.
    Why, is town that quiet??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Why, is town that quiet??
    Think it has gotten busier of late myself.
    People not supporting it would be main reason, internet shopping,staying in locals, instead of supporting city, the arts, music etc could be supported better too but vast majority not overly interested in doing stuff other than going to same couple places.obviously still unacceptable unemployment levels but that has been steadily improving, shop offer has improved too with more to come but more needed help attract neighbouring counties.I'm sure someone will post something about traffic and parking,I don't buy that myself, always had fairly bad traffic on quays and we always paid for parking, nice if it was free but not really a practical option council funding wise. Throw in the deplorables as Hillary would call them, whiners who complain and complain but do and say little positive, they don't help.
    At end of day, if we support it, it will thrive, if not, closures, less retail jobs for us and our friends and family, less attractiveness to visitors,etc.retail sales are down nationally and internationally too, we see the figures and headlines from likes of M&S recently, other chains, similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Seems strange alright, they spent over half a million to buy it and don't seem too interested in it now. The same people bought that little pub just up from it, there seems to be some work going on in there lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Seems strange alright, they spent over half a million to buy it and don't seem too interested in it now. The same people bought that little pub just up from it, there seems to be some work going on in there lately.

And its doing quite well if its Tullys you talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tullys is doing quite well and is a nice spot for a drink

Tommy Maher's is still surviving

Downes busy as ever

I was only ever in t&h's a handful of times when it was open and it always seemed like a nice friendly place. City centre pubs are quite enough in the evenings but hopefully wintervile will pick them up a bit (its near 12 pubs time of year)

No not Tullys, the little shop/pub across from georges court J+k Walsh was the name on it. I think they gutted the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deiseen

No not Tullys, the little shop/pub across from georges court J+k Walsh was the name on it. I think they gutted the place.
    At least there's some movement on something then. Is this going to be a whiskey bar?

At least there's some movement on something then. Is this going to be a whiskey bar?

Its up for sale so i don't know whats going to happen to it.

Advertisement