Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation board - what type?

Options
  • 07-11-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I had wall insulation boards installed behind new plaster boards on a renovation job 2 years ago. I'm getting a BER cert and in the absense of a receipt or the builder, I'm trying to find out what the brand and spec are of these boards. Here's the description: Black coloured panel on the outside with grey polystyrene on the inside. Can anyone tell me what brand this might be OR direct me to where I can get this information (via PM if needs be).

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

laraido wrote: »
    I had wall insulation boards installed behind new plaster boards on a renovation job 2 years ago. I'm getting a BER cert and in the absense of a receipt or the builder, I'm trying to find out what the brand and spec are of these boards. Here's the description: Black coloured panel on the outside with grey polystyrene on the inside. Can anyone tell me what brand this might be OR direct me to where I can get this information (via PM if needs be).

Thanks in advance

Any pictures of the product?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭laraido

Caillte wrote: »
    Any pictures of the product?

Sorry for the delay. Here are 2 pics below of a vent I screwed open to expose the plasterboard with insulation behind it. Can you tell the brand from this?

image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 41,358 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its this stuff
    https://buildwithme.ie/product-category/insulation/insulated-plasterboard/platinum-insulated-plasterboard/

take a photo of the board with a measuring tape across so that an assessor can see the actual measurements of both the plasterboard and the insulation layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm guessing 37.5mm.

25mm insulation plus 12.5mm plasterboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Looks like they put on the 25mm EPS and then put on the 12.5mm plasterboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement