We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Skyrim Special Edition Mods

Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,521 admin Toots

Anyone got any good ones they want to recommend?

I've already suggested this one a few times, and technically it's not really a 'mod' but Achievement Mods Enabler is pretty much self explanatory - it allows you to unlock achievements while using mods. This is not otherwise allowed, once you've got mods enabled and start a modded game, you can't unlock achievements. Thanks Bethesda. Unfortunately this is only for PC, I'm not aware of anything that does it for console at the mo.

I'm not using many mods yet (hoping for a few of my faves from old Skyrim to port over) but here's what I've got so far:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch - fixes lots and lots of bugs. Apparently SSE is just as buggy as the original version.

Amber Armor and Weapons - haven't used it yet but I think they look nice, it's just a re-texture of the Glass armour and weapons.

Point the Way - adds signs for the smaller towns to signposts

Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers - pretty self explanatory, adds a quest marker for each stone. Particularly handy when you're down to the last few and forgot to take note of where you'd found them already, or if you've cleared a location but forgot to get the stone.

Falskaar - practically a DLC in itself, adds a new land and quests. Haven't played it in SSE yet, so can't comment on how well it works, but it was brilliant in Original Skyrim.

Rich Skyrim Merchants - gives the merchants extra gold. Saves me from dragging my over-encumbered ass all the way up through Whiterun, now I can get rid of all my Iron helmets and armor sets in Warmaiden's :pac:

Lanterns of Skyrim - adds lanterns on the main roads and in villages etc. I actually downloaded the one from Bethesdanet so the one I have only has them on the main roads, as far as I know.

Skyrim Unlimited Rings and Amulets SSE - allows you to wear unlimited rings and amulets. I shall be getting rid of this once Immersive Armors ports over, because it allows you to wear a pair of earrings and I usually enchant them with waterbreathing and then leave them on and forget about them.

I haven't used these ones yet, but I think I might download them next time I'm playing.

Hold Border Banners - adds markers on the roads where the borders between holds are.

Ring of Waterwalking and the Waterwalking Enchantment - gives you a ring of waterwalking which you can disenchant and learn the spell to put the enchantment on other items.

Comments

Society & Culture