Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Recommendation?

Options
  • 06-11-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi Guys
    Can you recommend the best monitor to go with this video card? -
    Asus Strix GTX 970 (System CPU is Core i7 4790k)

I want at least 27 inch but it's been a few years since I bought a monitor and all the different types confuse me now.
    I won't be gaming much, just a bit of graphic based work.
    Maybe watching the odd movie.
    Price is not really an issue, I'd just like to know the best out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I am like a broken record here, but I would go with 34inch 3440x1440 monitor.

Great productivity, great for gaming and great for watching movies. I went for one amd I could never see myself go to normal ratio and give up on 21:9.

You could get one now for around 500-600eu.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 theshea

Perfect, that's what I was thinking alright.
    Which model do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

theshea wrote: »
    Perfect, that's what I was thinking alright.
    Which model do you have?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-Ultra-Wide-Monitor-Speakers-U3477PQU/dp/B00LO0FNZ2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1478518091&sr=8-4&keywords=3440x1440
    I got this one and payed something like 470£, but amazon does not sell it anymore. Got it over a good month and love it. Gaming mostly, but its so handy when you need to do something and got so much space on screen. Always used 2-3 monitors before, now I am only on one. Will get monitor arm later on and add my old 23inch as a side monitor foe movies while gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 theshea

Great - 34inch 3440x1440 it is so for me.

I'll start looking, around black Friday I'll snap one up.

Advertisement