Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leapcard: App/Load Location

Options
  • 06-11-2016 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all,

I topped up this morning and chose 'app' for my load location.

I then get the app, put my card up against it but it hasn't topped up.

I also noticed that the account number on the website and the app are different
    (It seems to have switched the last two numbers) Keep in mind that the number on the card itself and the website are the same - also the transactions on the app and website are the exact same - I know it's the same card.

Any advice? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Hi all,

I topped up this morning and chose 'app' for my load location.

I then get the app, put my card up against it but it hasn't topped up.

I also noticed that the account number on the website and the app are different
    (It seems to have switched the last two numbers) Keep in mind that the number on the card itself and the website are the same - also the transactions on the app and website are the exact same - I know it's the same card.

Any advice? Thanks!

Check your version of Android.

The Top-Up facility only works with later versions,plus NFC enabled phones.

http://www.thejournal.ie/leap-card-new-app-2566158-Jan2016/

The app will use Near-Field Communications to top up the cards. The phone must, however, run on Android 4.4 KitKat or later.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Check your version of Android.

The Top-Up facility only works with later versions,plus NFC enabled phones.

http://www.thejournal.ie/leap-card-new-app-2566158-Jan2016/

The app will use Near-Field Communications to top up the cards. The phone must, however, run on Android 4.4 KitKat or later.

Seems to be up to date, I have 'Android version 4.4.4' and NFC is switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Seems to be up to date, I have 'Android version 4.4.4' and NFC is switched on.

I've been having a similar issue. Credit not going through. I rang support. They advised of an ongoing problem with the app.

They told me to go into any Payzone agent and get the card validated. No eta on a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I never knew you could top up online and then choose "app" as the load location. What is the advantage if any of doing it that way as opposed to doing it all with the app itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Alun wrote: »
    I never knew you could top up online and then choose "app" as the load location. What is the advantage if any of doing it that way as opposed to doing it all with the app itself?

None really, I suppose. Although I am averse to using my phone for financial transactions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Doing it online you have to type your details every time, on the app you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

The last time I chose App as my load location when topping online, I had to wait until the next morning before tapping my card off my phone applied the credit

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I don't understand why people would do that, just use the app for everything, put your card details in once and never have to type them in or reveal them again, far more secure than a computer that there are much more spyware and viruses and where you have to type your card details in every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

Thanks all for replies - It topped up this morning.

Advertisement