Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Dart services on Aviva match days

Options
  • 06-11-2016 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Sorry I can't ask this in the Soccer forum due to its unique access policy.

The FAI cup final is on later today (Sunday) in the Aviva. As the weather forecast is good and for other footballing reasons there could be a crowd of 30,000+.

As usual for events in Ireland, people are encouraged to use public transport blah blah blah.

Does anyone know if additional Dart services are put on from the Aviva stadium on match days ?

Looking at the timetable there is a northbound dart after the match (Malahide bound) at 17.53 and the next one is at 18.53. If that's it, then I will drive to the stadium and take my chances with parking as I haven't a hope of getting me and a child on the train.

There is no information on the irish rail site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭haulier

I think there's a 1740 LDR to MALAHIDE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

haulier wrote: »
    I think there's a 1740 LDR to MALAHIDE

Yes but unlikely to make that unless leave before the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Last time I went to Lansdowne Rd, that too there was about one very close to the schulded finish, and another almost an hour later. To avoid the crush and rushing, I walked to Pearse, and quite comfortably made the hour later train, avoiding the crush and crowds. Might be worth an Idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Nope we don't run additional services for big events in Ireland. Too much red tape involved

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭haulier

In spite of the red tape, IR are running additional services running for the FAI CUP FINAL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Extra darts before and after match. 2 specials back to Dundalk and Cork from Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Extra darts before and after match. 2 specials back to Dundalk and Cork from Connolly.

I am truly surprised. Well done Irish rail. Last time I considered getting the train for the Dublin game in Kilkenny there was no special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Hilly Bill wrote: »

Thanks, I saw this too late so parked in Irishtown/Sandymount without hassle.
    If Irish rail had published there were extra Darts, I would have taken the Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭howiya

Got the dart back into town after the match yesterday. Small bit of a wait with the crowd but well managed

Advertisement