Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking new phone advice

Options
  • 05-11-2016 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,just looking for some advice here. Sons phone is broken so need a replacement. Hes only 11 and have him on a 48mths plan for 10er a month,all he needs. I have a 20euro discount for Meteor and was looking at the Meteor Moto E or G. If I buy a the phone with a new number and put the 48sim and buy an unlock code on ebay will that work? I dont want him locked into a deal in Meteor or Vodafone tbh.Thanks

Comments

Just buy him the Moto G4 in Argos as it will be factory unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 2006K

Hes 11,I dont want to spend 170euro on a phone,its 119 to keep number or 139 to get new number and I have a 20 euro voucher for Meteor,hence why Im asking,thks anyway.

You can get an unlock code on eBay for a couple of € for the Moto E or the Moto G.

Thanks. Do I go with the new number option so or does it matter when Im unlocking it? Thks

2006K wrote: »
    Thanks. Do I go with the new number option so or does it matter when Im unlocking it? Thks

It does not matter, once you get it unlocked, you can use any SIM. Old number or new number. Whichever is the cheapest option, go with it.

• Advertisement

Grt thanks alot!! Much appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Try the sim in the phone before you buy any unlock code.It used to be the case that Meteor phones would lock to the first sim that is used but not sure if thats still the case.

Thanks,will do,on my way to local Meteor shop now. So it definitely shouldn't matter if I choose the keep my number option??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Wont make any difference

Sorted,didn't need unlock after all. Thks all ☺

• Advertisement
Advertisement