Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water damage indicator

Options
  • 05-11-2016 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

HTC A9 . Does anyone know where it is and what colour it would be? Bit urgent..... Daughter dropped phone in loo for about 3 seconds.
    It has been in rice. Powered on, screen not terribly responsive, phone going mad turning led on randomly and screen jumping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

It's going to be easy to find and probably in one of these locations.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-142558/

I'd really leave it a few days before turning it on, even up to a week to allow it dry out properly. Turning it on while still wet inside is where the real damage is done. It might be too late now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

This is it phone.jpg

Looks like it's been near water alright unfortunately.

Looks like it's been near water alright unfortunately.

Hi, can you tell me what you see that I can't? It looks to me exactly the same as the one that hasn't been dropped in water 😞

dragona wrote: »
    Hi, can you tell me what you see that I can't? It looks to me exactly the same as the one that hasn't been dropped in water 😞

I'm just comparing that pic to the colour of the one on my HTC 10 and mine isn't near as orange as that on the back. Although it is a different phone.

• Advertisement

Sorry double post

The phone has been sent off for repair..... can an A9 actually be opened up?

OK, phone went off to repair last week. was not holding out much hope as I thought they would be able to tell that it had been dropped in water and therefore not repairable under warranty.
    LCD replaced, and that is it. I am delighted !! Working perfectly.Lucky me......

Advertisement