Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked phones

Options
  • 05-11-2016 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I bought a HTC One m8 earlier in the week second hand after I had lost my Samsung. Anyway I bought it after it had been unlocked to all networks and I put my Vodafone sim into it and it works fine, no problem. However, I only bought a HTC as I couldn't find anyone selling a Samsung I wanted, but I have now found a seller. Anyway my question is if I was to sell this HTC again would it still be unlocked to all networks, or would it have locked to Vodafone as that was the sim card put into it after it was unlocked?

Comments

jaqqq wrote: »
    I bought a HTC One m8 earlier in the week second hand after I had lost my Samsung. Anyway I bought it after it had been unlocked to all networks and I put my Vodafone sim into it and it works fine, no problem. However, I only bought a HTC as I couldn't find anyone selling a Samsung I wanted, but I have now found a seller. Anyway my question is if I was to sell this HTC again would it still be unlocked to all networks, or would it have locked to Vodafone as that was the sim card put into it after it was unlocked?

Still unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Where do you get unlocked phones?

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Where do you get unlocked phones?

Serious question?

Some come network unlocked, some people unlock with a code, others get unlocked by your carrier.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Serious question?

Some come network unlocked, some people unlock with a code, others get unlocked by your carrier.

Same as sim free?

Honestly this is a serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Yes SIM free. I always buy SIM free. Amazon. One Plus. Carphone Warehouse. Lots of places to buy simfree.

• Advertisement

bren2002 wrote: »
    Yes SIM free. I always buy SIM free. Amazon. One Plus. Carphone Warehouse. Lots of places to buy simfree.

Thank you

Advertisement